Horse Flats Campground is accessible by car, has vault toilets, and no water. Reservations not required but fees are paid at the self-service fee station at the entrance. Closed winter months (typically November to April).
- Silver Moccasin Trail from Chilao to Horse Flats: 2.2 miles, 460′ of gain and loss.
- Chilao to Mt. Hillyer: 5.2 miles, 1015′ of gain and loss.
- Silver Moccasin Trail: Three Points to Horse Flats: 5.4 miles, 1050′ of gain and loss.
- Three Points to Mt. Hillyer: 9.4 miles, 1535′ of gain and loss.
- AC MM 54.10 to Mt. Hillyer Lollipop: 11 miles, 2130′ of gain and loss.
Pingback: Favorite Places: Rock Platform Along The Mt. Hillyer Trail | Hiking Angeles Forest