Segment: Dawson Saddle to junction with the Pacific Crest Trail
Stats: From Dawson Saddle to PCT: 1.8 miles, 887′ gain. From PCT to Dawson Saddle: 1.8 miles, 887′ loss. Round trip 3.6 miles, 887′ gain and loss
Last Hiked: 7-11-2020
- Dawson Saddle to Throop Peak Lollipop: 4 miles, 1235′ of gain and loss.
- Dawson Saddle to Throop Peak: 4.2 miles, 1235′ gain and loss.
- Dawson Saddle to Mt. Baden-Powell: 8.8 miles, 2236′ gain and loss.
- Dawson Saddle to Mt. Lewis and Throop Peak: 5.2 miles, 1728′ of gain and loss
- Dawson Saddle to Mt. Burnham and Throop Peak: 6.5 miles, 2,080′ of gain and loss.
- Dawson Saddle to Mt. Baden-Powell: 8.8 miles, 2236′ of gain and loss.
There are two trailheads close to each other. The main difference is the old trailhead is a little shorter and steeper. The two trailheads connect a short distance up the trail.
Take either trailhead up the mountain. Along the way there is a subtle junction that follows the ridge up to Throop Peak. If you notice this junction stay on the trail to the left.
The Dawson Saddle Trail joins the Pacific Crest Trail at a T junction. There is a trail sign that shows directions from there.
More photos here