Segment: Castle Canyon Trail
Stats: Echo Mountain to Inspiration Point: 2 miles, 1310′ gain. From Inspiration Point to Echo Mountain: 2 miles, 1310′ loss. Round Trip: 4 miles, 1310′ of gain and loss
Last Hiked: 1-27-2016
- Cobb Estate to Echo Mountain to Inspiration Point via Castle Canyon: 9.2 miles, 2709′ of gain and loss
- Muir Peak, Inspiration Peak, and Echo Mountain Lollipop: 11.2 miles, 3,140′ of gain and loss.
- Muir Peak from Cobb Estate: 11.6 miles, of 2947′ gain and loss.
- Sam Merrill Trail, Castle Canyon Trail, East Mt. Lowe Trails to Mt. Lowe: 12.8 miles: 3862′ of gain and loss.
- Upper Sunset Ridge Trail to Muir Peak: 12.9 miles, 2760′ of gain and loss.
- Cobb Estate to Tom Sloan Saddle: 16 miles, 3969′ of gain and loss.
- Cobb Estate to Bear Canyon Campground: 19 miles, of 4619′ gain and loss.
View at the trailhead at Echo Mountain. This trailhead is next to the trailhead for the Middle Sam Merrill Trail. So, read the trail marker to verify you are on the right trail.
View at the trailhead at Inspiration Point. The Castle Canyon Trail is on the right leading down to Echo Mountain.
More photos here